Animated Movies for Children: Animated movies and children make for a perfect combination. These films captivate young hearts, inspire creativity, and offer valuable life lessons in an entertaining way. Here are five must-watch animated films that you can enjoy with your child:
Animated Movies for Children
1. “Klaus” (2019)
- Directed by Sergio Pablos and Carlos Martinez Lopez
- Starring Jason Schwartzman as Jesper and J.K. Simmons as Klaus
- Set in the fictional island village of Smeerensburg, the film tells the heartwarming tale of the unlikely friendship between young postman Jesper and local carpenter/toymaker Klaus. Other talented actors include Will Sasso, Evan Agos, Finn Carr, and Hailey Hermida in key roles.
2. “Kung Fu Panda” (2008)
- Directed by Mark Osborne and John Stevenson
- Featuring the voice talents of Jack Black, Ian McShane, Dustin Hoffman, Angelina Jolie, Jackie Chan, Seth Rogen, and Lucy Liu
- This film centers on an overweight panda who is chosen as the protector of the Valley of Peace. It imparts the important lesson of training one’s mind and body to build self-confidence.
3. “Finding Nemo” (2003)
- Directed by Andrew Stanton and Lee Unkrich
- Starring Albert Brooks, Alexander Gould, Willem Dafoe, and Geoffrey Rush
- An emotionally touching story about the bond between a father and son, “Finding Nemo” is one of the highest-grossing animated films. It received the Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture and an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature.
4. “How To Train Your Dragon” (2010)
- Directed by Dean DeBlois and Chris Sanders
- Featuring the voices of Jay Baruchel, America Ferrera, Kristen Wiig, Jonah Hill, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse
- This film, accompanied by John Powell’s enchanting music, teaches the timeless lesson that love remains unwavering through both good and bad times.
5. “The Lion King” (2019)
- Directed by Jon Favreau
- Starring Donald Glover, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Beyoncé Knowles-Carter
- This animated masterpiece follows the journey of Simba, a young lion prince who is ousted from his kingdom by his manipulative uncle following his father’s death. It’s a tale of resilience, redemption, and the circle of life.
Animated movies have the power to entertain, educate, and inspire children while providing quality bonding time with parents. Consider adding these heartwarming and instructive films to your watchlist for moments of joy and learning with your child.